Jewellery care is paramount to having it with you for a longer time. As much as you love wearing them and flaunting them, you should be responsible for keeping them clean, away from tarnishing, and stored in an appropriate place. There are plenty of tips out there that give you a certain direction on how you can take care of your jewellery. Out of the myriad jewellery trends that we have, lately, gemstone jewellery has been quite a fan-favourite. However, it requires some due diligence to take care of them and not have them wear off.
Have a look at some of the caring tips for gemstone jewellery that is going to help you keep them clean, well taken care of, and stored in the right manner.
Cleaning Gemstone Jewellery
The most effective way of keeping your gemstone jewellery clean is by using a soft linen cloth. There are a lot of instances where soap water cleaning is also recommended, however, gemstones are extremely precious stones that come in various hues. To be careful in not tampering with the colour or shine of these gemstones, it is best that you use a soft cloth and clean them in a routine manner. Do not be extremely harsh in brushing the nooks and crannies of the stone as some might have some complicated designs. Be gentle but at the same time keep them clean and shiny.GIVA’s Sapphire Blue Square Earrings are extremely charismatic!
Caring Tips for Gemstone Jewellery
There are some extremely basic steps that can help you in taking good care of your gemstone jewellery, have a look at them
- Be extremely careful and delicate when handling gemstone jewellery. Some of them are very easily prone to breakage, therefore pay full attention while dealing with them.
- Always apply any kind of body oil or moisturizer before putting your jewellery on. Applying them after putting on your jewellery can lead to discolouration of these precious gemstones.
- From time to time cleaning these gemstones is extremely important. Do not overdo it but do not ignore it either. Get professional cleaning done if need be.
- Always check if due to very harsh use, the precious stones are coming off its setting. If it appears to be dangling or loose, get it fixed by the jeweller right away.
- Always remember to take off your jewellery before showering.
GIVA’S Silver Gemstone Little Heart Ring will charm you like no other with its vivid hues!
Storing Gemstone Jewellery
If you truly love a certain piece of gemstone jewellery that you bought for a special occasion and want it to be in its pristine condition forever, then here are a few steps you need to follow to store them properly.
- Every gemstone comes with a unique property, therefore always be aware of these properties as they determine how they need to be stored to have a longer shelf-life.
- To take special care and avoid getting scratches on your gemstone jewellery, have them wrapped in a soft cloth and put separately in a box or zip-lock bag.
- You’ve often heard how jewellery needs to be kept away from extremely harsh weather conditions or scorching sunlight - that is because if not stored away from these hazards, it leads to discolouration of the jewellery very quickly.
- Your jewellery should always be out of reach of water or harsh lighting.
The Oxidised Silver Moon Lover Ring is elegance personified!
Cleaning, taking care of your jewellery, and storing it properly is not a herculean task, all you need to do is be aware of the basic steps and tips that would ensure that your favourite gemstone jewellery pieces are kept intact and in impeccable condition to be worn on every special occasion.
Wondering where to look for some exquisite gemstone jewellery? The Gemstone jewellery collection in GIVA should be your go-to destination!
Also Read :